Bachelor of Management
The Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS) Program at Vidyashilp University is a versatile degree that prepares the student for a wide variety of career pathways in business. The BMS program by the School of Business Studies provides the essential components of a traditional Business Degree plus a broad selection of cutting-edge technology and advanced Digital Business Management and marketing tools. This digital theme is introduced in multiple programs to prepare students for success in a global economy where every industry is being transformed by disruptive new technologies and needs to be reimagined for the Digital Economy.
Human Resource Management
Digital business is changing the way organizations use and think about technology, moving technology from a supporting player to a leading player in innovation, revenue and market growth. On the road to a digital future, companies don’t just need the courage and determination to replace processes but also qualified staff to bring in new ideas and advance new fields of business.
The future of business will be digital. That much is certain. The need is to educate future business leaders who understand the opportunities and challenges of Industry 4.0 and Digital Business, make informed decisions, and shape the digital transformation in their organizations. In order to qualify future managers to successfully handle these challenges, the School of Business Studies offers a curriculum with the Digital Business concentration.
The rigorous curriculum takes an interdisciplinary approach to business fundamentals, so that the students can move seamlessly from “what is” to “what will be.” It is steeped in different ways of thinking and in multiple perspectives and reinforces growing knowledge with experiential learning opportunities.
Why VU for BMS?
This open choice-based credit system gives the students the liberty to choose from a variety of related programs and electives offered as well as take up open electives online in case such is not offered within the University.
This combines digital business orientation with a wide choice of minor fields like Finance, Psychology, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Economics, and other open programs to choose from
Through behavioral assessment conducted in the University, the University's mentoring systems, and the extra focus made on the Communication and Leadership Labs at the University, the graduates would view success with a different lens
- Academic and Business Writing
- Overview of Learning Methods
- Design Thinking and Problem Solving
- Indian Society and Culture
- Speaking and Presentation Skills - I
- Speaking and Presentation Skills - II
- Personality and Leadership Skills - I
- Personality and Leadership Skills – II
- Social Engagement Experience (SEE)
- English Language - I
- English Language - II
- Critical Thinking
- Environmental Science and Sustainable Development
- Professional Ethics and Human Values
- Computational Skills and Data Analysis
- Foundation Seminar
- Introduction to Management and Organizational Behavior
- Overview of Human Resource Management
- Quantitative Techniques
- Financial Accounting
- Introduction to Microeconomics
- Introduction to Macroeconomics
- Principles of Marketing
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Financial Management
- Introduction to Data Analytics
- Basics of Digital Economy
- Operations Management
- Fundamentals of Strategy
- Corporate Social Responsibility & Business Ethics
- Summer Internship
- Capstone Project / Internship
- Introduction to Data Exploration
- Basics of Data Visualization
- Applications of Data Analytics
- AI for Business
- Service Operations Management
- Operations Research
- Introduction to Game Theory
- Human Resource Management
- Those looking at higher education can look at Masters degrees such as MBA, M.A or any other PG Diplomas in specialized areas of Management, Marketing/Advertising, Operations, Human Resources, Organisational Behaviour and Psychology, Finance and professional degrees such as CA, etc.
- Students can look at higher studies in any of the top B schools in India and abroad.
- Graduates are eligible for various roles in businesses and corporates including jobs in the public and private sector, government, non-profits, law, and International relations, as well as in academic roles Graduates can look at any management positions such as Operations Management, Project Management, Human Resource Specialist or Executive, Finance Manager or Executive
- Graduates interested in entrepreneurship could look at starting new ventures
- Graduates could look at positions as a Market Analyst, Product Analyst, Research Analyst, etc
Read more on well-known examples of Digital Business in the real world
The Summer Internship may be for 6-8 weeks in a business organization, any Industry or Social Organizations, to get an exposure and learning experience as an “on-the-job” intern. A wide range of business organizations and industries - services, consulting, web commerce, IT, technology, manufacturing, hospitality, media, and so on. There are openings in large organizations such as Amazon, Ernst & Young, Deloitte, Flipkart, Genpact, Airtel, Reliance, etc. and newer fast growing ventures such as Paytm, Swiggy, BYJUs, RazorPay, Furlenco, Bizom, and such other innovative service industries.
The Capstone Project/Internship may be done in an industry/business organization or in the University. The objective is to work in a chosen domain for practical understanding and insights.
10+2 cleared (minimum 50%) from a recognised Board
IB Diploma or IB Certificate (minimum 24 points)
Minimum 3 subjects in the ‘A’ Level and 5 subjects cleared in IGCSE/GCSE
10+2 qualification from a foreign University/Board, will be subject to verification of transcript of marks and equivalence certificate
Applicants ranking in the merit list will be invited for a Personal Interview.